Parliamentarian and Protectorate forces
Parliamentarian and Protectorate forces is an allegiance faction. It is used to link organizations to the side that they were on, agents to the side that organizations they were members of were on, and addresses to the side that occupied them. It can be a value of:
- Property:Has parent in Template:Command relationship subobject (edited through Form:Address, Form:Area or Form:Unit)
- Property:Has organization in Template:Personnel subobject (edited through Form:Agent)
- Property:Has allegiance in Template:Agent event subobject (edited through Form:Agent events page, usually via the link from an Agent's page), or in Template:Unit event subobject (edited through Form:Unit events page, usually via the link from an Unit's page), .
It covers any forces that fought for the Long Parliament or Protectorate from 1642 to 1660. This includes:
- parliamentarian and Protectorate armies in Great Britain, including the First, Second and Third Civil Wars, and the Cromwellian conquest of Scotland
- English forces in Ireland which did not stop fighting after the cessation of 1643 (before the cessation, all English forces in Ireland fighting against the rebels/confederates should be classed as Forces of Irish Government)
- Protectorate armies outside the British Isles
- the parliamentarian and Protectorate navy
Force of the Long Parliament and Protectorate are no longer represented separately as it's more convenient to treat them as one.